Responding to your requests we have tried to make the website easier to navigate. Please feel free to comment and give suggestions regarding content.
Our main services are listed below
- General surgery – hernias – abdominal, umbilical, inguinal, femoral.
- Minor colorectal – haemorrhoids, anal fissure, fistulae.
- Ingrown toenails.
- Pilonidal disease.
- Minor plastic surgery procedures – skin lesions, lumps and bumps, duputrens, carpal tunnel.
- Gynaecology – tubal ligations, incontinence, labioplasty.
- Cataract surgery, and minor eye and eyelid surgery.
- Orthopaedic surgery – limited number of procedures dependent on the availability of surgeons.
Please note that at the present time we are not offering bariatric or varicose vein surgery (this may change in the future).
Waiting times depend on the availability of surgeons, but will usually be less than 3 months. Provided your patient meets the ARCH referral and eligibility criteria, we will endeavour to offer them free treatment at one of the ARCH–affiliated facilities.
For any further details please contact us.
We accept patients from 15 years of age and above.
Referrals will only be assessed when the required referral documentation from a health professional has been received. In order to avoid delays please ensure that referral documentation includes all of the following:
- Patient Referral Form.
- Patient Declaration Form.
- A health professional referral letter with details of the condition the patient, plus relevant medical history (eg. ECG, bloods & histology reports etc).
- A copy of a letter received from the relevant DHB declining surgery / an appointment dated within 6 months of referral to ARCH.
- For opthalmology patients please download and complete the health questionnaire.
We prefer all documentation to be scanned and emailed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We do also accept referrals by post to P O Box 31699, Milford, Auckland 0620.
Any queries, please call 029 969 3549.
Our services operate on the basis of goodwill and the flexibility of our volunteer medical staff. It is expected that referring health professionals and medical centres work with the ARCH Trust to provide the best outcomes for our patients. As our resources are limited, and as we rely entirely on the goodwill of volunteer specialists, please only refer patients who have a genuine need for charitable help. Sadly inappropriate referral to this service will be self-limiting. We reserve the right to decline treatment through ARCH if we deem the patient unsuitable.