To be considered for treatment through ARCH for your medical condition you need to meet the following criteria:
- You are unable to afford private medical treatment, and have discussed this with your family doctor.
- You do not have private health insurance, and are not eligible for ACC treatment.
- You are a NZ Permanent Resident or a NZ Citizen.
- You have been referred to the public system for this problem and been declined treatment by your local hospital within the last 6 months (please note that acceptance criteria from public hospitals are continually changing). We need proof of this declination – a copy of the letter stating you will not be seen or treated.
- You have a referral by a health professional. We cannot accept self-referrals. Your health professional (GP/optometrist/specialist) will need to sign a written declaration confirming that all of the above conditions are met and submit this with the referral letter and other documentation required: see referrals
Please note, not all conditions are suitable for treatment through ARCH for a variety of reasons, and we reserve the right to decline treatment at our own discretion. Having said this, we will endeavour to help those who have a genuine need.
*At this stage we are unable to offer weight reduction surgery.*