To be considered for treatment through ARCH for your medical condition you need to meet the following criteria:
- You are unable to afford private medical treatment and have discussed this with your family doctor who is likely to have an idea or be able to find out what usual costs for treatment in private would be.
- You also do not have private health insurance and are not eligible for ACC treatment.
- You are a NZ permanent resident or Citizen
- You have been referred to the public system for this problem and been declined treatment by your local public hospital within the last 6 months (Acceptance criteria from Public hospitals are continually changing). We need proof of this – a copy of the letter stating you will not be seen or treated.
- You have to have a referral by a general practitioner to us and cannot refer yourself. Your general practitioner will need to sign a written declaration confirming that all of the above conditions are met and submit this with the referral letter and other documentation required.
Please note not all conditions are suitable for treatment through ARCH for a variety of reasons, and we reserve the right to decline treatment at our own discretion. Having said this we are here to, and would like to help those who have a genuine need.
*At this stage we are unable to offer weight reduction surgery.*