If you have any questions that are not covered in this list, we would be happy to answer them. Please contact us.
To be considered for treatment through ARCH for your medical condition you need to meet the following criteria:
- You are unable to afford private medical treatment, and have discussed this with your family doctor.
- You do not have private health insurance, and are not eligible for ACC treatment.
- You are a NZ Permanent Resident or a NZ Citizen.
- You have been referred to the public system for this problem and been declined treatment by your local hospital within the last 6 months (please note that acceptance criteria from public hospitals are continually changing). We need proof of this declination – a copy of the letter stating you will not be seen or treated.
- You have a referral by a health professional. We cannot accept self-referrals. Your health professional (GP/optometrist/specialist) will need to sign a written declaration confirming that all of the above conditions are met and submit this with the referral letter and other documentation required: see referrals
Please note, not all conditions are suitable for treatment through ARCH for a variety of reasons, and we reserve the right to decline treatment at our own discretion. Having said this, we will endeavour to help those who have a genuine need.
*At this stage we are unable to offer weight reduction surgery.*
ARCH patients must first meet the criteria for the public health system: Eligibility for Publicly Funded Health Services.
For consideration for care by ARCH an individual must have been rejected for treatment through the public system within the last six months.
Due to limits in funding, the public system cannot meet everyone’s medical needs. Unfortunately this means that there are people in NZ who, despite their medical condition, do not meet the threshold for treatment.
There are limited platforms in NZ for doctors to do charitable work. Many of us went into medicine to help people. Philanthropy has its own reward.
As a charitable trust the hospital is entirely dependent upon volunteers and donations for its survival.
We are always delighted to hear from anyone wishing to be involved. These include:
- Medical equipment suppliers
To volunteer your time or services to the Charity Hospital, please spend a little time filling out and submitting the form (it would be good idea to print out a copy for your records as well). We will be in touch.